Thursday, May 26, 2005

Obstinate

Word of the day: ob·sti·nate (ŏb'stə-nĭt) adj.

Stubbornly adhering to an attitude, opinion, or course of action; obdurate.

Difficult to manage, control, or subdue; refractory.

Difficult to alleviate or cure: an obstinate headache.

[Middle English obstinat, from Latin obstinātus, past participle of obstināre, to persist.]

ob'sti·nate·ly adv.
ob'sti·nate·ness n.

Here it is used in a Blog: Slashdot - justAMan writes "Security dude, Winn Schwartau, has posted an article on Network World about switching his company to Macs because he's fed up with the security issues plaguing Windows-based systems. He also offers his view on why Windows is inherently flawed and why it will eventually fail because of those reasons. From the article, 'This is my first column written on a Mac - ever. Maybe I should have done it a long time ago, but I never said I was smart, just obstinate. I was a PC bigot. But now, I've had it. I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore.'"