Tuesday, July 26, 2005

"Chicks dig the long ball" revisited

Well I have been getting e-mails about last nights Battle at the Bridges primetime golf event. It seems that the line Chicks dig the long ball was used during the telecast at around 7:25 p.m. Central time.

I did some searching for the transcript and found the following on the Google Video Beta:




>> Nick: an awful lot of practice in St. Andrews. You could be putting for 6 eagles. And reaching two of the Par fives. And it's 332 Yards to the front of the green so it's a Mammoth shot. Poetry. Potely!
>> Nick: that's a great follow. Thank you very much for that, guys. On the Moon.
>> Paul: the shuttle is supposed to go up tomorrow. Chicks dig the long Ball. I don't know a person that doesn't. Be right back...

That was Nick Faldo and Paul Azinger talking. ABC did work the Western Open so I know they were in Chicago when my quote was in the Tribune. I don't think I can be directly related to that quote coming up, but it is cool.

While I was searching for last nights quote I also noticed that my exact quote was picked up by the Orlando Sentinel and the Arkansas Times