Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Microsoft releases IE7 Beta 2 to the public




Microsoft released their new Internet Explorer version 7 to the public today. You can download it here.

I have been using this for months and it is really great. I had sent in a few suggestions, so I can't wait to try this build and see if the changes I requested are there.

UPDATE: Yes! They put in one of my ideas. I suggested a warning about having multiple tabs open and then closing IE. I can't tell you how many times I did that and forgot that I was working on something in another tab. I know I wasn't the only one to make this suggestion, but since I sent it to the team it is cool to see it working now exactly like I had envisioned...



Keep in mind that this is still a BETA program, or preview edition, so use it with caution. Your system may not work like mine.