Monday, October 30, 2006

Microsoft parachutes litter small town

Looks like Microsoft is doing something new to promote their software. My guess is this was for IE 7. Reports are that over 2,000 little parachutes with software attached were dropped on the town over night.

Here is the latest news from WBBM 780 in Chicago, Tiny parachutes are littering the lawns and trees of Willow Springs. What is up with that? WBBM's Steve Miller reports, here is a link to the Podcast.

I will keep up with this story and if I can get some pictures or more information I will pass it on. If anyone has any further information, contact me.

UPDATE: Here is a link to the news article: (Micro)soft Landing For Parachutes In Willow Springs

This article brings up a great point, why Willow Springs, IL?

digg this