Monday, August 29, 2005

First Impressions: WinFS Beta 1

Yes, I said WinFS, not WinFX...I know, I am surprised also



Well, shocked is the best way to describe how I feel. I thought this was coming in 2007 and that even that was a long shot. Microsoft either held a card to shock the world or came out with this fast to stop any criticism about taking it out of Vista in the first place. I am shocked that they didn't wait to do this at PDC. Oh well.

Well the install went fine. Very plain, but it is Beta 1.



The install required .Net framework Beta 2, no problem. Check. Then it required a reboot. Check.

So now I see that I have WinFS Stores listed in Windows Explorer.



Inside the Stores I have my DefaultStore.



I will keep working with it and let everyone know what else I find. Stay tuned...